When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evans Colson Olympic

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don?t know of anyone with a system or list for translating Evans serial numbers into production dates but I have two Evans frames with the serial numbers F011165B26 and F077758B26 stamped into the rear dropout. Two numbers from frames that I don?t know the year of is essentially nothing to go on or project from.

But?. It is always fun to guess and see what comes of it.

Both are boy?s 26? frames which may explain the last three characters. I?ll guess that the F might be the year and the following number a sequential production number.

As Evans began producing bikes in 1953 or 54 they would have reached the letter F in 1958 or 1959, if they began with the letter ?A?.

Projecting this concept one step further would make your bike a 1959 or 1960 model.

Of course this is a complete, off the top of my head guess, if anyone wants to post more Evans numbers perhaps a pattern with a more legitimate base will emerge.

3876910901_3b07f18185_o-1.jpg

3877704024_12d8b96ac5_o-1.jpg

Harley Earl designed bicycles for Evans Colson but I don't know if he lasted till 1957.

evans 24 chrome

Looking for help with this one. It's tagged ECC Evans Cycle Co. from St. Clemens, Mich. We originally thought it was an Evans Colson (only looking at the EC) but realize that isn't the case. Black boys frame with 24 x 1.75 tires; square fenders; chrome rack, fenders, and extra long & skinny chain guard.
I have this same exact bike - did they have head badges or stickers? Would anyone be interested in buying it? It is in the same condition.

Back