When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evans Viscount 700 with COMPLETE Tank, lens, horn, and Evanaction springer fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks more like prison stripe we're talking about. I cannot find another picture of that seat in any Evans ads.

Mike

correct seat

Looks more like prison stripe we're talking about. I cannot find another picture of that seat in any Evans ads.

Mike

Not sure if it came with that kind of seat; maybe JD's was an anomaly? I've looked at http://howiebik.proteanpaper.com in the 1961 Evans Catalog in all of their Viscount seats were white. I also checked out the Evans Colson Dealers bicycle catalog on Ebay dated 1962 and those were white as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-196...-NICE-COLOR-ad-EVANSACTION-FORK-/141193647221

JD, Did you ever find out what year yours was made?

Thanks,

DJ

My 800 was 1959-60

After some researching I came up with my Viscount 800 EvansAction to be a 1959-60 model.
Incomplete tanklight. That I could never find another one like it at the time.
In fact I don't think I ever did find another like mine.
But I do recall someone else had a EvansAction springer with that exact seat.

Because the tanklight parts search was so disappointing I, with regret today, parted the bike to a member here. Of course he wanted the front fork springer primarily.

Here is the gallery of the bike
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=957

Up for sale is an Evans Viscount 700 bicycle with original paint, tank, light and horn.
The Evanaction springer works wonderfully. The tank has the lens, horn, and the hard to find rear clear plastic piece (I'm not quite sure of it's purpose). Although not in the picture, I do have the original chain that came with it and will take more pictures upon request.

The price is $500 plus shipping OBO.

I accept paypal, without the fees (or please add the 3% surcharge) certified checks, and money orders.

I've only owned it for 2 months, so I really don't know much about it's history or the exact year it was made. I've seen the 1961 Colson catalog on Howies bike website that looks similar to mine, but not the same color, so if anyone out there knows when it was made please let me know.

The serial number is H166401B26.
Please feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking.

I don't think that rear clear lens belongs on that tank.You can see the gap between the tank halves and it is a poor fit.(just my 2 cents)

I have seen the tank in person inside and out. The lens definitely fits, it is not properly assembled in the pix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back