When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evans Womans bicycle year and model ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marenwick

On Training Wheels
Can someone help identify the year and model of this woman's Evans bicycle ?
From what I have found so far is that it is either a 600 Interceptor or a 500. The original paint appears to be blue and white.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_6686.JPG

IMG_6687.JPG

IMG_6688.JPG

Is that badge a sticker and is the small Colson dropped from it, that might tell you something.

There should be a serial number stamped on the left rear fork end, perhaps consisting of an alphabetic letter prefix followed by several digits (7?) and then by a G26 for a girls 26" bicycle.

With some little guesswork, some attribute the letter "A" to 1954, after Evans acquired the bicycle division of Colson in 1953, or so. Not sure myself though.

The twin top tubes complimented the boys cantilever frame, which was not shown in a 1957 catalog excerpts (somewhere on this site?), so maybe later?

If not in mint condition, I might probably be satisfied just knowing the year, and assume a base model girls bike without some more deluxe accessories?

Evans also advertised a flamboyant Turquoise color.

Last edited:
There should be a serial number stamped on the left rear fork end, perhaps consisting of an alphabetic letter prefix followed by several digits (7?) and then by a G26 for a girls 26" bicycle.

With some little guesswork, some attribute the letter "A" to 1954, after Evans acquired the bicycle division of Colson in 1953. Not so sure myself though.

The twin top tubes complimented the boys cantilever frame, which was not shown in a 1957 catalog excerpts (somewhere on this site?), so maybe later?

If not in mint condition, I might probably be satisfied just knowing the year, and assume a base model girls bike without accessories?

Evans also advertised a flamboyant Turquoise color.
I do need to hunt for the serial number and will do so here soon. I have seen similar models like the Interceptor 600 and a 500 model.

Back