When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evapo Rust Baby!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Barto

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Ok, I'm sure you've all heard about Evapo Rust along with a bunch of other products both home and commercially made that do a good job...but Evapo Rust really did a good job for me. I like full blown Resto's Resto mods and Rats but an original paint bike with a bit of patina is the best. Now I'm not a fan of rust or deep corosion but look at what this product does in 24 hrs.

20170628_164701.jpg
So ok, I consider this light rust, but without doing a thing other than to submerge the part for 24hrs then rinse.......I think this looks great! I now have a girls tear drop pedal soaking...it been about 18 hrs and they look really nice! Will upload photo later tonight.

Soaked one for a 24 hr soak...left the other as is for comparison - yeah, I like the cleaned up patina better...keeps the age but eliminates the rust.

20170628_224310.jpg
20170628_224408.jpg
20170628_224328.jpg

Oh yeah, next I'm looking at soaking the guts of several lights that seem to be coated in rust...let the real patina shine thru!!!!!

Havent tried it, but it looks like great results!

been using "Rust Soak" also works great ...... but pricey .... when I realized it costs slightly more than Maker's Mark bourbon I went back to vinager on my lesser bikes

Now im hunting for a local source of oxalic acid .....

Yeah, good point. This stuff is fairly expensive and I bought it on sale (25%). What I really like about any process that eliminates rust but leaves everything else..the final finish is outstanding ...some of my parts have come out shiny!

ZEP brand CLR remover, about $10.00 per gallon at the hardware store and lasts pretty long depending on your dilution ratio, usually 1 to 5. Can be reused several times.

I always have a gallon of that and their industrial purple de-greaser on hand.

New Info..Ok, so I started to clean all my rusty items and got to a Stuwart Warner hub. Took on side plate off, dunked it in Evapo Rust and forgot it for almost three full days. When I pulled the part out it was black...now I need something to de-smut the part. My fault guess I need to write myself a not, tie a string around my finger and what ever else I need to do to remember.

Anyone got any ides as how to de-smut my disc?

BART

Back