When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evapo-rust question

-

kreika

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I’ve seen some pretty amazing results with this stuff. I’m about to try it on one of my projects chainguard and some drop centers.
I’m curious if after you’ve soaked your item is the evapo rust solution still good? Can you pour it back in the container and use again or is it a one time use only?

I use it numerous times. Store it in a container in between uses. When it turns black it’s done. You can tell when it starts not to work as fast or as good it’s time for new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it numerous times. Store it in a container in between uses. When it turns black it’s done. You can tell when it starts not to work as fast or as good it’s time for new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I have able to extend the life of Evaporust by pouring it through a coffee filter after a few uses. I think it works very well on mixed metal parts that OA would damage.

Even black, evaporust will still work to some degree. I also filter mine through coffee filters when I finish a given project. New evaporust can work in an hour or less but the darker it is, the longer it takes. I often have used a penetrating oil on something to take it apart before I de-rust it and eavaporust and oil don't work well together. Therefore, after copious amounts of Dawn soap and water on the disassembled parts, I usually start them off in used evaporust and leave them to bathe for several days at a time. After washing those parts again in Dawn soap and water, I give them a final bath in newer evaporust to finish the job. PS: The cheapest way I've found to buy evaporust is direct from Evaporust/Orion - about $100 for 5 gallons with free delivery.

Back