When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

evaporust brush on

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ya that's the problem. As with Metal rescue; you have to keep looking at it to determine when it stops cleaning and starts attacking plating.

I'm interested in knowing as well. I saw a container of it at the auto parts store and thought it might be a less expensive solution than soaking an entire frame in a tub of the conventional Evaporust. Oxalic acid (wood bleach) works pretty well, but in my opinion Evaporust is a better product and I've heard that oxalic acid can discolor red paint.

Sure would be nice to have something that WORKS that you could brush on like paint remover. (Naval Jelly never did squat for me!) Wait a few minutes, rust "bubbles" away, then clean with a solvent of some sort and you're ready to go. No more waiting for hours/days and searching for jars, plastic swimming pools :D or other contains!

Naval Jelly has been working great for the past 20+ years. I dab it on,let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes at the most. Rinse it off with water and most of the stuff comes off. I always do it twice or 3 times. After that use I use some Turtle Wax chrome Polish and Rust remover with a blue or green kitchen scrunge.

Last edited:
I should add that some of the heavy rust spots or chunks can be scraped off fairly easy after a couple of applications of Naval jelly. I have an old pocket knife with a dull blade that I use to chip or scrape chunks off

Last edited:
Guy's just get some white vinegar does the same job and is less than $2 for a gallon. It's one of the things they use in evaporust. If you smell the fumes from evaporust you will smell vinegar. And you can strain it put it back in the bottle and use it for as long as you have a strong vinegar smell.

Back