When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever seen a frame made this badly?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JLarkin

Wore out three sets of tires already!
It is twisted and swung to the left about 3/4". I may have to heat this up and straighten it out so it will ride right. My boy's frame is probably out 1/8" but it is of little concern. This was shocking once I stripped it down. Assembled you cannot tell. I see no evidence of physical damage to any of the factory welds nor do I see new welds.

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I have tried every way possible to bend the downtubes straight short of acetylene. I am afraid I may have to cut the welds and just weld it back into proper alignment. What a pain.

just wondering if you tried this....
line a vise with some wood....clamp the b.b. in it really tight...get a jack handle(or other pole about thatll give you about 1' out on top and bottom to grip)and slowly walk it out the direction you need it to go...just go a hair beyond where it needs to be as there will be some spring back when the pressures let off

Found another frame on ebay last night. Please take a look at the two photos and see if you think they are they same. Both 26". The ebay one is a Western Flyer, the serial number is B18160. Mine is J50171 with what looks like a CW to the right. The paint color is almost exactly the same as well. I am hoping this would be a match since the ad is local to me according to the ebayer's stated address.

Attachments

• ebayframe.jpg
    ebayframe.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I think that they are both CWC frames, so they should match, with parts being interchangeable, if that is the direction you were headed.

Why....?

I have tried every way possible to bend the downtubes straight short of acetylene. I am afraid I may have to cut the welds and just weld it back into proper alignment. What a pain.

Not to be a jerk but these bikes are not perfect nor where they made perfect... and it is a girls bike they get bent a whole lot easier than boys frames once it is together it may not be noticeable...:rolleyes:

DON'T OVER ENGINEER IT!!! :eek:

J A M I E

I am hopeful that all's well that ends well. I just bought the ebay frame for cheap. Cheap enough that it was worth the risk. Would have cost me more to repair mine. Now I can hack on mine and learn to weld frames.

Back