When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Every Schwinn I ride I always have the same problem

-
Yeah i looked up the burley trailer and it retails for 400 in my neck of the woods. I have this trailer already given to me by a friend but it feels like im driving a Semi
View attachment 1779093

I hope the burley trailer is alot better than this one.
That Schwinn trailer is a 99% copy of a Burley. I'm thinking the Burley is lighter, not so important in towing, but you will appreciate the weight savings in loading it into your truck. The folding features are nice as are the QR wheel hubs.

John

That Schwinn trailer is a 99% copy of a Burley. I'm thinking the Burley is lighter, not so important in towing, but you will appreciate the weight savings in loading it into your truck. The folding features are nice as are the QR wheel hubs.

John
That schwinn trailer also folds, I would just want something shorter and more manageable. I currently taxi my dog around on my 1975 T&C. He rides in the rear basket, no leash or anything. As a puppy i would take him everywhere on it. Back then i could carry him with one hand. Those days are long behind me. Ive been toying with idea of putting longer cranks on trike to make it easier to ride around with him on back

20190324_154119.jpg

Brilliant!

You little friend does look quite tough, but does he really need that anchor chain to keep him under control

Or is that him just puttin on airs... playing the tough guy...
Maybe the chain burden is why the dog peters out. Perhaps if efforts in search of a carrier match efforts for a leash a better solution would be found.

That chain is gangster, and ridiculous for use on a dog.

How to bring my best friend along?
View attachment 1778804

I was hopping some of you have had this problem and can give me some ideas. Everywhere I go this lil guy comes along for a ride. As athletic as he is, he does eventually get tired of running along side me. So I thought that maybe one of those baby stroler/baby trailer would be ideal. A friend gave me one and after trying it out i found it to long and awkward. After looking around online i found a trailer someone customized to make trailer shorter while making tailer have that old school look.

View attachment 1778814

View attachment 1778815

Has anyone came up with something better?
We had a newspaper boy. Delivered from his bike that had canvas newspaper saddlebags. The dog would ride in one of them.

Maybe the chain burden is why the dog peters out. Perhaps if efforts in search of a carrier match efforts for a leash a better solution would be found.

That chain is gangster, and ridiculous for use on a dog.
No he started doing that while i had him on his leather harness. Thats the reason i switched him to a collar. It would make it heavier for him to pull, he couldnt chew threw leash as he had done with leather leash, and lastly with a harness on he could pull me like nothing. With collar on his neck it keeps him from pulling. He had that chain on while i first had problem of him pulling. Now he still uses a chain for a leash, but much thinner than the one on the pic just so he wont chew threw it

Check out this Schwinn pull-behind on FB Marketplace.

I had an off-brand that also doubled as a pet stroller. Great for disabled pets.

Back