When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ewww...What’s the nastiest thing you found in a bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Found this, melted together conglomerate of dead things in the bottom bracket of a 1976 Concord Freedom today. :mask:

At first I thought it was a crushed and preserved mouse. I think it’s multiple things melted together. What’s the nastiest thing you ever found in a bike?

D8CCF897-AAB3-4DEA-A764-970FFF8E2901.jpeg

7AB52799-6817-419E-95CE-C75D476A65E7.jpeg

I showed my wife the picture posted last night. She gagged! :tearsofjoy: Payback for the many nasty things I have been shown from medical stuff LOL

Last edited:
This is about my friend Al, a Whizzer guy. He found a valuable motorcycle that was supposed to start so his wife was pushing the bike when it started but a mouse nest blew out the exhaust pipe and onto her face. No pictures but they are still married.

This definitely comes under the "what will they think of next" thread catagory. Having said that, I have something to add.

I bought a 1898 Rambler from a fellow CABEer. It had undergone a prior restoration attempt which included a shot treatment based on the appearance of the unpainted surfaces. This was followed by an over-zealous layering of black runny paint.

Despite its relatively sterile appearance it was anything but. As many know, Rambler placed a manufacturing tag down inside the frame tubing. And despite what this frame had been through, I as any Rambler enthusiast would do, held out hope that a tag was still in the tubing. It was evident before long due to the partially assembled state of the frame that there was sadly no tag. But there was a... wad of something that surely needed to be removed before any assembly of the frame we're to occur. Why not do it now?

I extracted the wad from the down tube. It was not clear exactly what is was due to the mix of material and its degraded state. It was not until I saw the remnants of the tail that I determined it was a mouse that died in its hiding space, complete with bedding and food. It was like exposing a mummy's tomb. And I've disturbed it's provisions in the journey to the next life.

While there was no tag with this Rambler, I will never forget what WAS inside the tubing. Wish I took pictures, be who woulda thunk there'd be a thread like this made to show it in?

Not nasty but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this----I have had a lot( I mean a lot) of road bikes which generally have end caps on the handlebars. Three times I have found the original bill of sale rolled up inside the bars just behind the cap

Back