Excelsior bicycles

This ad disappears when logged in

G.Wool

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Mar 14, 2016
michigan city indiana
Here is a clip stating they moved to the Michigan City plant on March 15, 1916.

booksidVPk_AQAAMAAJpgPA81img1zoom3hlensi-1.jpg
so tomorrow 100 years ago the michigan city plant opened. i live a couple miles from it i will prob go take couple pics, thanks for posting this pic!!

G.Wool

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Mar 14, 2016
michigan city indiana
so michigan city badges that say excelsior cycle co were produced here between 1916 and 1934 and then changing badges to excelsior mfg co after 1934

IronBrass&Steel

'Lil Knee Scuffer
May 18, 2016
Does anyone have any idea how many different head badges were used? It seems like every Excelsior I have seen has a different head badge! Also, does anyone know when or if Excelsior used non-skip-tooth sprockets on pre-balloon tire bikes? I hope this is an alright area to ask. I found what seems to be a Chicago built Excelsior, with a non-skip-tooth sweetheart sprocket, and what was left of the 28" wheel had a non skip tooth hub (I can't remember the brand off hand). I assumed this was a modification made sometime years ago, but after talking to a knowledgeable friend, he seemed to think it could have been original. I honestly don't know, and I haven't been able to find out on the interwebs thus far. Please don't judge me for the 26" rollers I through on! Haha.
Bike3.jpg
Bike4.jpg

ace

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jun 14, 2006
South Eastern Wi.
Does anyone have any idea how many different head badges were used? It seems like every Excelsior I have seen has a different head badge! Also, does anyone know when or if Excelsior used non-skip-tooth sprockets on pre-balloon tire bikes? I hope this is an alright area to ask. I found what seems to be a Chicago built Excelsior, with a non-skip-tooth sweetheart sprocket, and what was left of the 28" wheel had a non skip tooth hub (I can't remember the brand off hand). I assumed this was a modification made sometime years ago, but after talking to a knowledgeable friend, he seemed to think it could have been original. I honestly don't know, and I haven't been able to find out on the interwebs thus far. Please don't judge me for the 26" rollers I through on! Haha.
View attachment 328015 View attachment 328016
My teens Excelsior
EXcelsior 001.jpg
EXcelsior 002.jpg

G.Wool

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Mar 14, 2016
michigan city indiana
image.jpeg
Found this one over the summer. If anyone has pics of complete ones please share. Gotta love the patina on this one...

chitown

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 21, 2010
Prospect Heights, United States
Still have this ad? Would you sell it?
Can't sell what I don't own. I can track down the original scan and see if it's higher resolution than what I've posted. Most of the stuff I've posted is from various internet data bases (found with many hours of scouring and searching). I can email you a higher resolution one if I can find it.

Chris

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture