When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excelsior bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does anyone have any idea how many different head badges were used? It seems like every Excelsior I have seen has a different head badge! Also, does anyone know when or if Excelsior used non-skip-tooth sprockets on pre-balloon tire bikes? I hope this is an alright area to ask. I found what seems to be a Chicago built Excelsior, with a non-skip-tooth sweetheart sprocket, and what was left of the 28" wheel had a non skip tooth hub (I can't remember the brand off hand). I assumed this was a modification made sometime years ago, but after talking to a knowledgeable friend, he seemed to think it could have been original. I honestly don't know, and I haven't been able to find out on the interwebs thus far. Please don't judge me for the 26" rollers I through on! Haha.
Bike3.jpg
Bike4.jpg

Does anyone have any idea how many different head badges were used? It seems like every Excelsior I have seen has a different head badge! Also, does anyone know when or if Excelsior used non-skip-tooth sprockets on pre-balloon tire bikes? I hope this is an alright area to ask. I found what seems to be a Chicago built Excelsior, with a non-skip-tooth sweetheart sprocket, and what was left of the 28" wheel had a non skip tooth hub (I can't remember the brand off hand). I assumed this was a modification made sometime years ago, but after talking to a knowledgeable friend, he seemed to think it could have been original. I honestly don't know, and I haven't been able to find out on the interwebs thus far. Please don't judge me for the 26" rollers I through on! Haha.
View attachment 328015 View attachment 328016

My teens Excelsior
EXcelsior 001.jpg
EXcelsior 002.jpg

Still have this ad? Would you sell it?

Can't sell what I don't own. I can track down the original scan and see if it's higher resolution than what I've posted. Most of the stuff I've posted is from various internet data bases (found with many hours of scouring and searching). I can email you a higher resolution one if I can find it.

Chris

Back