When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excelsior

-
S

skate

I'm looking for information about this bike. Most importantly the date, and value. Take a look and let me know if you have any information. Thanks..

bike003-3.jpg

bike009-1.jpg

bike007-1.jpg

bike005-1.jpg

Not sure on value

Not sure on value, but pull the crank and see if it is stamped with a year. Might say AS & CO then two numbers 35, 36, etc...1935, 1936 etc... Not all schwinn bikes had stamped cranks though. Marc

If I had to guess I'd say 1920s. Schwinn bought the Excelsior name in 1911, so it is going to be later than that. The Excelsior name was often applied to balloon tire bicycles in the mid and late 1930s, but yours seems to be an older-style diamond frame. Fenders grew in popularity quite a bit in the 1920s as well. My guess is that yours is from that period (perhaps toward the end of it), but older than the balloon tire period. I tend to think that coaster brake and chain tread tires would be from that period.

This is just a guess. You have a quite a nice bike there- reminds me of the English Raleigh Rod Brake Roadsters in terms of appearance.

Last edited:
1937-38

No Way 1920'S... Schwinn made these all the time you just don't see many... more for an adult...

What hubs are on the bike? Whether it has a New Departure Model A, B, C, or D could narrow the time frame, as could the front hub. They could have been replaced, but it's a start.

Respoked!!!

Sorry still NO WAY on being a twenties frame it does not have a oval badge and wheels are clincher... and fenders wider with flat braces put it between 1937-1938... It is similar to a Superior model...:)

If badge was replaced it could be as old as 35? but not...

A good picture of the rear dropouts and checking the crank would help!!!:cool:

J A M I E

I'll have to check this crank and stuff next chance I get. While I'm at it I'll take some better pic's out in the sun. Maybe this weekend if I can find the time.

Back