When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excelsiors made in Indiana

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
could it be that the head badges were ordered from the same company and not a part made at the factory?I've seen lots of old head badges(teens era) thay were the sams stamping with different names.

Looking for pictures of the Excelsior Mfg Co of Michigan City Bicycle, emblem, etc.

Hello... I am originally from Michigan City, Indiana. My Grandfather used to work at the Excelsior Mfg Co of Michigan City. I am into model railroading and am looking to build a model to represent the bicycle company he used to work for. I am looking for any pictures or other graphics that I could use to make the sign for the company or as a billboard on the side of the building. I saw this post and am hoping someone on here could provide me with something I can use for my model.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Harvey

I've been researching Excelsior bicycles made here in my hometown of Michigan City, Indiana for a few years now. It seems they were made from the early 1900's up to the mid 1950's under the Excelsior Mfg. Co. name. I have talked to some former employees and have many pictures and have some great info. anymore info would be appreciated, there doesn't seem to be much available online.
I do have one frustrating issue. I have seen maybe a hundred of these Excelsiors and I found one headbadge on ebay recently that confuses the heck out of me. All of the Excelsior headbadges that I've seen are basicly the same thing, a big letter E with "Excelsior" running through the middle of it with "Excelsior Mfg. Co. Michigan City IN" near the bottom. The one I saw on ebay was exactly that except the bottom reads " Excelsior Mfg by Excelsior supply co. USA Chicago"
All my research for far has lead me to believe that Michigan City's Excelsiors had nothing to do with the better known Schwinn Excelsiors but now... I dunno. any help would be appreciated.
and if you want any info on the M.C. excelsiors let me know. I can supply pictures of the factory and some great pics some bikes, a very old phone book ad, and a picture of a brochure and even a picture of an old Excelsior dealer shop!

Hummm? No one know about the excelsior cycle & mfg co. utica N.Y? I got a bicycle from the early 1900's with that headgage & is for sale.

Attachments

• BIKE PARTS 001.jpg
    BIKE PARTS 001.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 360
17C37071-5B3A-4B88-B451-32FE9556DFF5.jpeg
42A2DB6D-40E7-480C-8872-85CABE92A11E.jpeg
EB91ADEE-822D-48DC-93C3-1C7D7A7FAC31.jpeg
6F122342-4A1E-43D0-983A-9745F27681B5.jpeg
885289F0-1976-4D99-A33B-EEBD135194CB.jpeg
I've been researching Excelsior bicycles made here in my hometown of Michigan City, Indiana for a few years now. It seems they were made from the early 1900's up to the mid 1950's under the Excelsior Mfg. Co. name. I have talked to some former employees and have many pictures and have some great info. anymore info would be appreciated, there doesn't seem to be much available online.
I do have one frustrating issue. I have seen maybe a hundred of these Excelsiors and I found one headbadge on ebay recently that confuses the heck out of me. All of the Excelsior headbadges that I've seen are basicly the same thing, a big letter E with "Excelsior" running through the middle of it with "Excelsior Mfg. Co. Michigan City IN" near the bottom. The one I saw on ebay was exactly that except the bottom reads " Excelsior Mfg by Excelsior supply co. USA Chicago"
All my research for far has lead me to believe that Michigan City's Excelsiors had nothing to do with the better known Schwinn Excelsiors but now... I dunno. any help would be appreciated.
and if you want any info on the M.C. excelsiors let me know. I can supply pictures of the factory and some great pics some bikes, a very old phone book ad, and a picture of a brochure and even a picture of an old Excelsior dealer shop!
Do you recognize this badge and have an idea of what era it is from?

Back