When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Explain your Avatar and Screen name!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My screen name is from my 59 Evans 200 Viscount bike that started all this old bike insanity. The avatar is me on my tricycle in 1958, probably pondering what the next 50 or 60 years is gonna be like.
11709816_937476369648977_905392423492419477_n (1).jpg
yb6w1.jpg

I really can't remember why I chose Schwinnman, but I have a lot (over 100) of Schwinns and I was born in 67. My avatar is Crankshaft. My wife felt that it fit me (I'm a bit opinionated at times)....

When I was new to the internet one of the first things I did was sign up for ebay. Since I forget things like "creative" user names in about two seconds, I picked something that would even be hard for me to forget. The first two letters of my first and last name and my area code. When I first come to new websites like this one, it's usually because an image search brought me there. I have no intention of staying around for any length of time but to see the photos I came to see, you need to join up to see most images full size or at all. So I just use the same thing everywhere for the most part, I'm in a hurry so who cares, get in get out. My avatar changes, this time I thought it was funny to put up pipe wrenches as if I'm working on bikes with them. You know pipes as in tubing. Avatars I believe have a significant influence on how you are perceived so I usually pick inanimate objects for their inherent neutrality. My opinion, if you pick a face and it looks like a bum or a grouch or something else that gives me a negative perception, I'm going to think you are a bum or a grouch or whatever, it ain't good.

I used this for a while. If you are familiar with this episode of The Outer Limits, this is how big your head has to get before the little things no longer bother you. I aspire to this.

giant head.jpg

Last edited:
37fleetwood came from the purchase of my first real heavy hitter bicycle. I bought a sad 1937 Firestone Fleetwood Supreme right around the time I joined the CABE. I don't have that bike anymore, but the name has stuck.

and my avatar at present is a photo I took of one of my nephews. same kid as the one picking his nose, but new forum new avatar. I may change it later, who knows.

joey_zps5nz8rhct.jpg

This one made me think of a cry baby, I thought you were whining and crying throughout that whole "WAR" thing.

This one made me think of a cry baby, I thought you were whining and crying throughout that whole "WAR" thing.
interesting point of view, but is it relevant to this subject? maybe you should start a thread in the very necessary Schwinn Lightweight section.

Name: Huge hockey fan. Back in the '90s the Flyers had the "Crazy 8 Line". Eric Lindros, Brent Fedyk and Mark Recchi. Crazy 8, because all 3 had an 8 somewhere in their jersey number. 88, 18, 8.

As for my avatar......Every bike thread needs a good set of NIPPLES!

Originally mine was fatbar since I really like the 1946 47 early postwar BA107 autocycles and that's the unofficial name for the frames used for those during that time. I started getting more into prewar which the name fatbar could also have been used but I decided to change it to obiwanschwinnobi. I can't recall why I changed it exactly. Schwinn starwars..two things I like. .. People call me Obi now which has kinda stuck as a nickname of sorts and I don't mind. The avatar is a picture of the very first prewar Schwinn I ever saw online and fell in love with. This Lincoln was my dream bike and I wish I had been in a better financial situation to save it.. Unfortunately it was completely parted out on Ebay last year to my absolute horror...(I know where the big $$ parts went) anyways I keep the pic to remember what a beautiful bike it was and so that it's not forgotten.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My avatar is for two reasons. First, I haven't chosen one since joining the site, and this thread finally pushed me over the edge to setting one. Thanks for the motivation, Cory. Second is that it's (currently) my favorite bike, the one I've put the most work into, and the one I can't walk past when I feel like going for a ride and have the time.
My screen name is the name I use for all of my online whatever for quite awhile. I had to set up a website years ago to help with job searches, my name is Joe, I've always wanted a moon base all my own, heavily into science fiction, and have difficulty taking most things too seriously, and that's pretty much the whole story. I spend the vast majority of my time behind a computer at work, so online stuff has been whittled down to almost entirely this site, which is geared toward getting me out from behind it (thanks to you all for that) and either working on or riding a bike, so the moon base has shrunk, but I think to the best possible size.

Back