When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Explain your Avatar and Screen name!

-
In the 90s i went thru a BMX thing and joined Vintagebmx site and I coined schwinndog. Growing up I never got a Schwinn always just hand-me-downs. Being older I could finally get a Schwinn. Dog means I know nothing about them. I signed up here with that name. Logged back in yrs later and it said the name was used. I then added a Y.

Can we change our user names? I would like to use my name instead. Ppl think I like Schwinns! Ha! Avator is my Colson at a local barn.

TR6SC is one of the most desirable 650 Triumph motorcycles from the '60s. Single carbed desert sled. Steve McQueen schtuff.
My avatar is me on a 56 inch diameter unicycle. Kid schtuff.
I had a 20", 24" and a 26" Uni, man would I like to try a 56"!!!!! I just have a 24" now and when the carnival music in my head starts playin, I bust it out! Very cool!

Buell Firebolt XB 12R when she was stock with a young 56 year old Pete on it in 08...= screen name, her name is Lucille..

XB.jpg

Duchess is the recurring name for the beloved vehicles of the main character in my books throughout various lifetimes (though, he doesn't always know why he names his vehicles such).

The original Duchess was a late 17th Century Scottish duchess that the main character, the son of a merchant, had an ill-fated love for.
Duchess was the "privateer for a free Scotland"/pirate flagship of said merchant's son in an attempt to shore up a floundering Scottish colony in South America and to drive the English from the Caribbean.

Duchess the First & Duchess II were P-47 Thunderbolts stationed with the 56th FG in the UK assigned to the same character in a later life.

Duchess a heavily modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon used by smuggler-turned-counter-terrorist Dante Moretti in the present(ish) day (and a not-as-heavily modified one in perpetual "restoration" status in my garage).
Duchess VI an experimental armored monocoque car built by Dante at series' end as an "end of days" insurance.

Back