When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extended Springer

-

frankenbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Since y'all helped a bunch on the fenders I'll try again on the next part of the project. I am looking for a twelve to fifteen inch over extended monark style springer front end. Are these available as aftermarket parts or do I need to build my own? There are several different types (standard- cheap, heavy duty, all chrome, all black, etc.) available. Is one brand better than the others or is it pretty much you get what you pay for? I have built several extended regular type forks along with the corresponding head tube rake but never have done a springer. Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated- opinions too! Thanks, Gary.

An over extended version of the Monark 1952-56 patent 2752167?
2752167 Monark 1952-56.JPG

The design used a "novel pivot and bushing structure for supporting the forks upon the head casting or tube of the bicycle".

Are you talking about this Monark stye springer?
img_2956.jpg

But about as long as this one?
20190806_110111.jpg
I think you might have to fabricate your own.

That's the one, but not quite as long as the Harley. I've seen some extended Glide style forks but no springers. Thanks, Gary.

Back