When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extremely nice '60 Schwinn Continental Tourist

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rennfaron

Wore out three sets of tires already!
00d0d_48BVe10926Y_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Reactions: Miq
I just re-checked this one out. It does have a November 1960 serial number and as I've noted many times the November serial numbered bikes were built the next year. This Conti has the 61 stem and the aluminum spoke protector where the 1960 model 10 speeds never did have a spoke protector. This is one of the first 1961 Continentals.

It's up there in price, but so is everything right now. I have seen a lot of nice ones out there but I think this might be the cleanest one. And in the harder to find tourist setup. Still has all the original simplex components in really nice condition. Fenders look like the ones on @GTs58's 1961 Conti

that's a bunch of money, but the condition is outstanding. I could see myself riding something like that around town.

Still a lot of money. I know those splash guard fenders are original but it would look much better with full size fenders

Back