When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F/S Barn Fresh Autocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Seiss vs Silver Rays

No such 'rule'. I've owned a good number of the cantilever models over the years, many Schwinn badged bikes had SilverRays as well. These were suppliers....Schwinn used what was available.

Check the hole spacing for side by side versus vertical. Could be Ranger ...

Best guess would be BFG as the dual light model was their Motorbike for the late 30's.

Be nice if that bike stayed together and someone did a proper resto on it.

Your first pix showed what looked like a Bulb type taillight on the back reflector, what happened to that?
Almost looked like an Aerocycle TL...

I was told the silver rays vice the Seiss lights was indicative of Chicago Supply bicycles? BTW could you provide the serial for the frame? 1938? V/r Shawn

No such 'rule'. I've owned a good number of the cantilever models over the years, many Schwinn badged bikes had SilverRays as well. These were suppliers....Schwinn used what was available.

Check the hole spacing for side by side versus vertical. Could be Ranger ...

Best guess would be BFG as the dual light model was their Motorbike for the late 30's.

Be nice if that bike stayed together and someone did a proper resto on it.

Your first pix showed what looked like a Bulb type taillight on the back reflector, what happened to that?
Almost looked like an Aerocycle TL...

its on the other bike and no aero
badge holes vert. .
and its not get'n parted

Last edited:
Cool bike. I would bet that is the way it came. $8500 cool? No...but cool bike none the less.

I noticed the "AS" button bars are not the "tapered" stem mount Torringtons.... were the made with both stem style bars???

One detail about this bike that I thought was interesting, was the clip on the handlebar that secures the brake cable.
I've always noticed that the cable is fastened this way in the catalog pictures, but I've never actually seen one of the clips.
It looks similar to the clip that fastened the cable to the truss rod, but only large enough to wrap around the handlebar.

IMG_2223_zps91513b8f-1.jpg

IMG_2224_zpsc74f3a67-1.jpg

cant count on it

One detail about this bike that I thought was interesting, was the clip on the handlebar that secures the brake cable.
I've always noticed that the cable is fastened this way in the catalog pictures, but I've never actually seen one of the clips.
It looks similar to the clip that fastened the cable to the truss rod, but only large enough to wrap around the handlebar.

cause as a previous poster noted the bike is built from pieces... sheesh! from orig owner what more do you guys want??!!

Back