When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F331545 Schwinn Serial Number

-

Rebecca Hedin

On Training Wheels
Anybody know anything about this serial number? My dad gave me this bike and I want to fix it up. I have no idea where to even start and I'm looking for some general information. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20181124-201038_Chrome.jpg

Looks like a June 1963 serial number stamping. The serial does not tell you anything about the bike other than the "approximate" time the bike was built.

Got pics?

I don't have any right this second, but I can post some in the morning. This is what is pulling up when I search the number... is this reliable?

I don't have any right this second, but I can post some in the morning. This is what is pulling up when I search the number... is this reliable?

That site's SN lookup is not always correct. But in your case, it may be if the serial number is under the crank. If it's above the left rear axle nut it's a 1964.

Sweet! It's a 49 B-6 Autocycle. Since it has a November serial number there is a good chance it's actually a 1950 model and first purchased in 1950.

1543366082119.png

How much you looking to spend? Only thing i see is you could get correct chainring/ front/ sprocket...pedals...and tires.

Back