When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facebook Find: WW2 G519 Huffman Military Bike

-
Hi Again,

With regards to the shortened date. I couldn't think how that would be more efficient to do, since the markings are stamped all at the same time.

I notice that the 4 is offset to the left, not centered on the LC, , so I guess either the die is the 43 die with the 3 filed off, or, if the die has changeable parts, the 3 hes been removed from the die. Either way, interesting.

Best regards,
Adrian

Hello Adrian;
I would rather say the year 44, they simplified a stamp for the economy, i have already noticed it on foundries of HARLEY WLA-WLC and others.
I have several nice boxes repackted 10-44 with LC-43 ammunition.

Regards;
Serge

I'm surrounded. Lake City Army Ammunition Plant is about 30 miles east of me. Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant is about 20 miles west of me. Sunflower was inactivated in 1947, but it was reactivated for the Korean War and again for the Vietnam Conflict. There is still a maintenance crew there and I imagine that it's ready to go if needed.

Wonder if there are any abandoned bicycles out there?

I'm surrounded. Lake City Army Ammunition Plant is about 30 miles east of me. Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant is about 20 miles west of me. Sunflower was inactivated in 1947, but it was reactivated for the Korean War and again for the Vietnam Conflict. There is still a maintenance crew there and I imagine that it's ready to go if needed.

View attachment 1159059

Wonder if there are any abandoned bicycles out there?
I’m picturing a small warehouse with rows of G519s lined up.
All we need to do is hose off the dust. Let’s go!

I can get a few in the back of my wagon, a couple on the roof rack, and my stepson has a trailer. I'll need some time. Effective Tuesday, the KC Metro area has been put on 30 day lock down.

Hi @Rivnut et al.

With sites that size, there really are bound to be things of interest hidden in obscure corners.

Recently, the Cooperative Wholesale Society (CWS) were closing a site in Dudley, Birmingham UK, and the site was being surveyed. When the surveyor asked what was in a particular small building, the site manager realised he'd never been in it. They opened it up, to discover a site fire station (lots of big sites had volunteer fire services during the war and after), apparently untouched since just after the war.

Here's some photos. Notice the German gas mask canister at 0.41. Someone's bring back souvenir?

I'm one week into a supposed two week (yeah, right, every chance of that being extended) lockdown here in France. Probably best to go shopping with your trailer first. Good Luck.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hola hi there very nice piece of ARMY bikes history also the others talea and photos from the era like the bullet boxes the sign at the plant! Keep posting info for share w everyone

Back