When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facebook Find: WW2 G519 Huffman Military Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

REDAIR13

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I just managed to grab this bike off of Facebook.

Looks be built by Huffman in 1943. Serial H119077. The bike came out the Lake City Ammunition Plant in Independence MO, which opened in 1941. The bike has been repainted a few times with the same olive green that was used on these bikes. Looking for a seat and headlight for it.

I believe this is the 33rd one now known to exist according to the serial number project on WW2 Huffmans

20200309_145906.jpg

20200309_145912 (1).jpg

20200309_145906.jpg

20200309_150031.jpg

20200309_150010.jpg

20200309_145936.jpg

20200309_145932.jpg

20200309_145928.jpg

20200309_145920.jpg

20200309_145917.jpg

Hi,

Nice bike, and I especially like the LCA tag which probably gives you it's history. It would be interesting to know if that was rivetted to the first layer of paint (though we'll probably never know).

Could I ask a couple of questions?

You refer to a serial number project on WW2 Huffmans. Is it on this site? I'm collecting these numbers also, so if there is another listing it would be useful for me to know (or, since I've put it on this site, it may be the list I'm compiling - in which case you're now on it! ). I have 32 on this list, with yours as 5th oldest in the second contract (13th oldest overall).

To help with this list, can you tell me the date numbers stamped on the back of the fork bridge? (I guess 63 or 73, June or July 1943).

Also, the date letter and number on the Morrow brake? (I guess M2 or M3, second or third quarter 1943).

I appreciate these might be clogged with paint, and so don't worry if they're not readable.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi,

Nice bike, and I especially like the LCA tag which probably gives you it's history. It would be interesting to know if that was rivetted to the first layer of paint (though we'll probably never know).

Could I ask a couple of questions?

You refer to a serial number project on WW2 Huffmans. Is it on this site? I'm collecting these numbers also, so if there is another listing it would be useful for me to know (or, since I've put it on this site, it may be the list I'm compiling - in which case you're now on it! ). I have 32 on this list, with yours as 5th oldest in the second contract (13th oldest overall).

To help with this list, can you tell me the date numbers stamped on the back of the fork bridge? (I guess 63 or 73, June or July 1943).

Also, the date letter and number on the Morrow brake? (I guess M2 or M3, second or third quarter 1943).

I appreciate these might be clogged with paint, and so don't worry if they're not readable.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Adrian

The fork has a 73 Stamp on the back of it. I will need to work on cleaning the hub to get the date letter and number.

Back