When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory black Stingray ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I would like to apologize to @60sstuff for doubting his bike to be original. I truly wish I had gone a different rout with this post but I let my head get away from me. After reading more of his posts it became obvious he does know his S@#t and has done his research. I also was reading some posts about bike friends and realized how I was going about things was not good for anyone. It was the post of @tacochris that made the most sense. We are all on the same quest and we need help from everyone and anyone to complete it. I certainly was not going to get answers I wanted with the angle I was taking. I would refer all and any future posts on this subject to the thread " stingray oddities I have seen" it seems like it would be a more appropriate thread. I really regret having made other then friends on this site. And yes, we can all just get along.

The article referenced says that Stingray "Silver-Glow seats" will be available in Charcoal.
I don't have any skin in the game, but I'd have to see some documentation (vintage photo/invoices) before I believe the bikes existed.
Yes, I caught that. Don't know why I misinterpreted that. I knew what it said but I made it say what I wanted it to. Politicians do it on a daily basis.

I would like to apologize to @60sstuff for doubting his bike to be original. I truly wish I had gone a different rout with this post but I let my head get away from me. After reading more of his posts it became obvious he does know his S@#t and has done his research. I also was reading some posts about bike friends and realized how I was going about things was not good for anyone. It was the post of @tacochris that made the most sense. We are all on the same quest and we need help from everyone and anyone to complete it. I certainly was not going to get answers I wanted with the angle I was taking. I would refer all and any future posts on this subject to the thread " stingray oddities I have seen" it seems like it would be a more appropriate thread. I really regret having made other then friends on this site. And yes, we can all just get along.

I don't think you needed to apologize for anything. You had a legitimate concern, and had every right to express it. Personally, I still have my doubts that Schwinn ever produced a Black Sting-Ray in 65. And I firmly believe that if they did, there would be documented proof from Schwinn stating so.

There was a recent thread about the authenticity of the early 82 model Sidewinder being produced in "White", and it was finally proven with "Dealer" documentation. So I believe the same would exist for the Black Sting-Ray if it was ever produced at the factory!

Back