When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory Troxel long-spring in blue?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
Howdy folks! I recently picked up this 34 Hawthorne Flyer (man, am I a sucker for these blocky early ballooners) and I’m intrigued by the Troxel long-spring saddle as it appears to have originally been upholstered in blue. The color you see in the picture is the result of sun and weather bleaching. I thought perhaps it had just been painted at some point, but when I opened up the stitched seam, it was navy blue which would have matched the paint in the same way an early red Elgin Falcon had a red Troxel. I’m just curious if anyone has seen a navy Troxel in the wild? As always, my thanks in advance to the CABE community for lending your knowledge.

I'm sure I've seen one before. There should be a catalogue page that lists all the colors.
What I've witnessed personally accounts for such a tiny fraction of what's out there, but with so few floating around, I wonder if they may not have been exclusive to associated blue Hawthorne models. If someone does have a catalog reference, that would be awesome. The 1934/35 Montgomery Wards catalog lists only black and brown Troxel saddles in the accessory section. Does anyone have a Troxel-specific catalog from 1934?

Back