When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Faded Glory And The Substitue

-

OldRider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Here are pictures of my two old beauties....my daughter has named The 1920's Ranger "Faded Glory" and the 1940 CCM "The Substitue":) Not as nice as the vintage balloon cruisers I see here but its what is available in Winnipeg Manitoba. The Ranger I'm certain is a rebadged CCM, the hub only says "pat pend England", nothing else on Coaster arm or anywhere. The CCM has a Perry hub. The Ranger was my trash find and The CCM was a 5 dollar yardsale item, not much invested but I wouldn't part with them for the world.

Attachments

• Faded and Sub 1.jpg
    Faded and Sub 1.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Badge1.jpg
    Badge1.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Faded Glory.jpg
    Faded Glory.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Faded and Sub2.jpg
    Faded and Sub2.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Two nice rides you have there. Still time to ride before the Winterpeg weather kicks in!

I'll tell ya J, they both weigh about a ton each but once you get rolling its the smoothest ride you ever had. I took the Ranger downtown to work, about a 6 mile ride, absolutely great till I hit a overpass and had to peddle uphill...I suddenly had a great need for lower gears:) Thanks for your help!

The ranger is interesting.The Mead company(makers of the Ranger Bicycles) had factories in England.Your Ranger badge looks a lot like the Mead of Liverpool badge I have---it used the same wheel in the center design,only my guess is your badge is newer than the one I have(only a guess)

Back