When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair lady shift cable

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sidschopshop

Look Ma, No Hands!
Recently picked up a mint ‘71 Schwinn Fair Lady with 3 speed. This is my first 3 speed bike, everything works as it should getting all 3 gears, but the shifter cable is frayed and should be replaced.
Does anyone know which cable I need, would the length be the same as a boys Stingray 3 speed? Thank you for the help.

C643D6F1-982B-4F26-993F-D1FB3ADFDD64.jpeg

Last edited:
Recently picked up a mint ‘71 Schwinn Fair Lady with 3 speed. This is my first 3 speed bike, everything works as it should getting all 3 gears, but the shifter cable is frayed and should be replaced.
Does anyone know which cable I need, would the length be the same as a boys Stingray 3 speed? Thank you for the help.

View attachment 1072208
Yes same length as a stingray cable you will need a 903 part number I just recently had this same issue looking for a cable and found the part number to be a 903. All 3 speed 20" schwinns used the same one.

Thank you! Will look for a 903
I usually see them on ebay for roughly 25$ when they pop up. This cable is only correct for a thumb shift or "trigger shift" not for a stik shift. So this is the one you need. And btw that's a real clean red fair lady always loved the fairlady in red.

20191001_104023.jpg

Thank you for the reference pic. It's a November 1971 and I believe its painted the 72 only burgundy. Its very different than the two violets I own and not like the regular red. It's a great looking color!

No problem and that is really cool I love the rare colors.
Thank you for the reference pic. It's a November 1971 and I believe its painted the 72 only burgundy. Its very different than the two violets I own and not like the regular red. It's a great looking color!

Back