When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair value on a racycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

merkaba

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi fellow bicycle lovers,
I'm looking to pick up my first Racycle and could use some guidance on what I should pay for it. The gentleman claims it's an 1895 pace and while I have seen a few of these on the forum I have no idea how to price it or if it's even what he claims. I searched a little through the forum and found big price differences so I'm a little lost. Thanks for the help!
Collin

IMG_3410.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG

IMG_3412.JPG

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

IMG_3415.JPG

I don't think its as early as claimed. It is a very tall frame, is that good for you? Or not important? Its hard to tell from the pics. Is it fixed gear, or does it have a coaster brake?

That bike has a really big pen... er, chainring. I'm also thinking a little later than claimed. Personally, 1500 or so, considering condition IMHO.

Cool bike, like that chainring. Love to see that one cleaned up or restored.

Besides the badge is there another smaller badge with a model number on it? If so it can be dated by this. I agree with the others about it being later than 1895. It looks to be complete and correct so I would say somewhere in the $2k range is fair. V/r Shawn

Yeah I really like the bike. These old racycles have such a great look. The seller just got back to me and is asking $2500. Said he has an offer for $2k but would like a little more. I was thinking of offering somewhere around $1000-1200 so I'm prob going to be priced out at 2500. Unless y'all think it's worth it...Thanks again for all the input!

You'd be hard pressed to sell at much over $2000. These are cool to find for $700-$1500 fix-up and re-sell at some point. Not to start high.

Back