When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair value on a racycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Rear wheel, chain wheel and bars worth at least $1500
Chain & pedals another $500
goofy part is, probably worth more as is than cosmo restore, as at least you know now it is all original find!!!!!

Last edited:
Serial number would be nice...... What does the badge say? What is the make of the hubs? What is stamped in the chain?

Serial number would be nice...... What does the badge say? What is the make of the hubs? What is stamped in the chain?
Filmonger is right on the money....get a better picture of the headbadge, what diameter is the top tube (running from the handlebars back towards the seat), get a decent picture of the bottom of the crank hanger, I'm 98% sure it's not 1895.....

Last edited:
The Miami Cycle & Mfg. Co. wasn't founded until July, 1895, so it is unlikely this bike dates to 1895. My guess would be 1897-1905 era. Also, while not being dogmatic about it, being a pacing bike, the saddle is possibly an add on. Originally it might have had a racing type saddle.
As a side note, when the Miami Cycle Co. was organized, Frank Ray was hired as the company manager who lent his name to the new bicycle brand - Racycle.
14908721788811799976335.jpg

The Miami Cycle & Mfg. Co. wasn't founded until July, 1895, so it is unlikely this bike dates to 1895. My guess would be 1897-1905 era. Also, while not being dogmatic about it, being a pacing bike, the saddle is possibly an add on. Originally it might have had a racing type saddle.
As a side note, when the Miami Cycle Co. was organized, Frank Ray was hired as the company manager who lent his name to the new bicycle brand - Racycle.View attachment 443399

This was not a pacing bike. I believe what the OP meant to say it is a Pacemaker. I believe that saddle is correct. V/r Shawn

Back