When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake Green/Black Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I try my very best to lean on the side of positivity if at ALL possible in most cases and generally will TRY my best to save my opinion if I feel its really negative or maybe pissy. Having said that I still think a public forum should be a place where we can safely complain or generally muse back and forth about ads or general "goings-on" in the community for many reason. When the snips get really personal and aimed at people IN the active forum, that's when I think it goes too far.
As far as this ad and all others like it, I think, for the reasons @babycalfs mentioned, its really important that new folks in the scene get these bits of info from folks who know so they don't get "had" over a fake or ill-advertised bike with a deceptive description. I was once a new guy who could have easily been tricked into buying deceptive bikes for bad pricing but thanks to some well-placed wisdom in my life (and a hell of alot of studying) I have learned.

Last edited:
And many of them going to college on a football scholarship wouldn't score at the 7th grade level.
They're not going to college for an education to start with. I knew a student who came to this school on a full scholarship to play soccer, but she majored in mechanical engineering, and eventually she gave up the scholarship. She told me herself that she could do engineering or soccer, but not both, there just weren't enough hours in the day. College sports is a money making business, at least for the colleges, and if the program is going to be competitive, the players aren't going to have time to study physics or engineering or medicine. The football coach here is the second highest paid employee of the school, after the chancellor, and they aren't paying that money for academic performance.
You notice that schools like MIT, Stanford, Berkeley and Harvard aren't known for their athletic programs, while a lot of the schools known for athletics aren't known for anything else. There are a few schools that successfully combine high academic standards with competitive sports programs, but they're the exception, not the rule.

Bike in the OP sold for $2K in the Atlanta area.
Buyer had to keep slapping to hit the reserve price $1,999 plus $150 shipping. And another one bites the dust. Maybe new owner will search for info and drop by here. 😒

Back