When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake Green/Black Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yet another fake, fantasy, poor copy on E-pay trying to pass of as real and new; Can't say it doesn't look pretty but why seller is lying? Bogus sale scams suck anyway U look at it.

Green/black paint, Black Phantom decal with the wrong pin strips and darts and a Cruiser logo on tank. Wrong but nice-looking 60/70's grips and wrong seat post clamp too. Pin striper; nice try but has a shaky hand as well.

View attachment 1645888

View attachment 1645889

View attachment 1645890
As a new person to the hobby, I appreciate posts like this where more experienced people point out the stuff that's messed up. It's a good way for newbs like me to learn the craft and see what people try and fake. Appreciate this. Good looking bike but I, like many others here, would like to keep it original

Other than the ugly kickstand and hubcaps, it looks like a nice bike to me and restored or not, you couldn't build it for that much? Hell, restored Phantom seats on this site are pulling $350. If you haven't priced automotive paint lately, you don't have a clue how much any restoration costs. People pay as much as this bike for repop phantoms. So.... unless the money came from your wallet.... who cares. This site has too many opinionated people I swear.

Food for thought on a Father's Day eve..... I find many, many peeps on this site who just love to criticize, demean, speculate, and otherwise be down right NEGATIVE with their postings and opinions. Why is that ??? In regards the lime green Schwinn "Phantom", ask questions to the person selling the bike. Don't like the answers, simply do not buy the bike. Why banter on about it's a fake, this isn't right, that isn't correct ??? Is that for your enjoyment ??? IDK, lighten up. MY glass is always ( at least ) half full. That's all. Have a wonderful, happy Father's day !!!

Food for thought on a Father's Day eve..... I find many, many peeps on this site who just love to criticize, demean, speculate, and otherwise be down right NEGATIVE with their postings and opinions. Why is that ??? In regards the lime green Schwinn "Phantom", ask questions to the person selling the bike. Don't like the answers, simply do not buy the bike. Why banter on about it's a fake, this isn't right, that isn't correct ??? Is that for your enjoyment ??? IDK, lighten up. MY glass is always ( at least ) half full. That's all. Have a wonderful, happy Father's day !!!

I'm pretty sure that you should have directed your post to the Original Poster since he is the only one in this thread that fits your description of the many many peeps here that are negative. And why didn't you mention anything about the threads page and a half of Hijacking? To me that's something that's really irritating and it happens all the time here. It's also mentioned in the site's terms and rules.

It's always hard to understand tone or intent on the internet but me, as a complete newb, I appreciate posts like this because the criticism lets me know what's original or not. It's useful for someone to post a bike that isn't original and then I find myself looking at the picture and trying to point out what's wrong with it before I read the actual post. Sure, that's only useful for originalists but we all enjoy the hobby for different reasons. It's good practice and it helps for me to learn trends as well as what some people may try and cover up.

But your point is just as valid, if you like the look of it, then enjoy it. that's just as valid as the originalists. But a happy father's day to you as well. I hope you enjoy yourself

So, when a shiny new-in-box bicycle like the one pictured is offered for sale, are they talking about a 1980’s or 1990’s A&S re-issue; (not a reproduction, if it is same company?).

amazed to see the bids marching in on that thing... jeez!!! shiny sells!
Looks like the first bid could be enough, no way to tell what his max bid is as e bay only takes enough to knock out another bidder of which there only has been one.

As a new person to the hobby, I appreciate posts like this where more experienced people point out the stuff that's messed up. It's a good way for newbs like me to learn the craft and see what people try and fake. Appreciate this. Good looking bike but I, like many others here, would like to keep it original
That is correct. The sole reason for my post is to cause awareness. The only "Negatives" here are those who see things, especially a certain fool who's constantly hunting a few here to attack..

Seller's Quote: "
vintage Schwinn Black phantom Bicycle.

Unridden. Zero miles. Some signs of handling and storage.

" is a lie or was lied to , which is perpetuating NEGITIVITY!

As to Father's Day, seriously? Something positive will turn into a negative if or when an owner believes he/she has acquired an original item with $XXX value only to discover it's a fake.

The seller has the option to tell the truth but fails or got taken. I did say that it's nice looking yet, the nondisclosure is an obvious attempt to fool somebody where here it repeats for deception and dishonesty.

As for value, that's in the eye of the beholder. As others comment, I like the bike too; choice in the green and particular design of the darts and pin-stripping on the frame. It's not Schwinn's and I can't recall who did that style but think a pre-war. So, it makes for something a little different and more unique appeal.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with creativity as nobody has to copy the same thing, it becomes monotonous and boring.

However, to pitch, lie, fool, exaggerate and con others ruins the deal from the very aspect.
Rather, positive is pride in workmanship. I'd be proud if I could do that and not GAS whether anybody else's opinions did or not fit the price of my ask.

Yet, none, absolutely none of this is what this seller is involved in. It is or was just a scam fishing for ignorance. . So, if seller thinks it's real then: Reality, 'Happy Father's day pal, U got screwed'. How dam positive is that? Jeez! B/C It started and continues to be a fraud:
"
vintage Schwinn Black phantom Bicycle.

Unridden. Zero miles. Some signs of handling and storage.

" Ops I forgot; PS. I also dig that 50's and or 80 Cruiser Top bar decal on the tank. It's a little imaginative, looks cool and a tell-tail that it's a fantasy creation.

😉

Last edited:
a great many people even those going to college do not score at a 12th grade level in reading and comprehension. I'm pretty sure that is the case here. it looks like people see the ad and don't understand the text.

Back