Farber Chain Ring?

• REMINDER: There is a 2-day bump rule for Classifieds forums. Please take a moment to review the rules by clicking HERE.

This ad disappears when logged in

FSH

Look Ma, No Hands!
Aug 27, 2018
Corona
Hello everybody. I was told this is a Farber chainring and I just wanted to get an approximate year and value. Thank you

IMG_20181123_154421.jpg

IMG_20181123_154423.jpg

IMG_20181123_154427.jpg

Last edited:

Archie Sturmer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 13, 2018
Los Angeles, CA, USA
William H. Fauber of Chicago goes far back; not sure if they invented the 1-piece crank.
The "3-arm" sprocket pictured might not be that old. I may refer to it as Fauber Special, or 3-hole (or 6).
fauber 004.jpg
A later variant attributed to Great Western Mfg. Co. La Port, IN. (1920's) moved the drive pin from a separate "ear" on one of the larger holes, to instead be integral with one of the arms; perhaps stronger, and probably simpler to make.
Fauber Crankset Parts.jpg
The item pictured also has a change, the six holes are circular, whereas the older pattern had shapes that looked like vampire teeth, (or the circles looked more like mushrooms with short stems). So, maybe 3rd and last generation, early to mid 1920's.
Value, depend on who wants it; I got mine with a Fauber crank stuck in a Fauber threaded bracket, that came with a frame.

Last edited:

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture