When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

-Farm fresh-1940 Dayton lit-tank!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
like nothing I have ever seen, It was amazing. tons of cool little towns and things I thought were completely gone. I saw a working gas line where you pull up (run over the line) and the sounds rings and a kid comes out and fills up your tank. amazing views of mountains.

You guys asked for more detail on the find? the fun little back story behind this bike is the location, it was found in a completely surrounded area that was basically like a small town and county in a bowl with mountains at every direction. so it was safe to say the bike didn't get much use, in fact I don't even think the bike came out of a bike shop. I think it was most likely brought it with a load of tires to the Firestone dealer in town. the lady had a care taker and she was starting to let things go when i heard about the bike. she didn't remember much but said it was either her husbands or her husbands Dads bike.

Nick.
How was the scenery along the way? I'm sure you never noticed! Great find!!! :cool:

Congratulations!

Love to hear the stories of former bicycle owners. My old Hawthorne was given to a neighbor of an 84 year old lady when he helped her to clean out her garage. She told him the bike had been given to her when she was twelve. It's in pretty good condition considering its 72 years old. I hope to refurbish it and send her a photo when I'm finished.

Your Dayton is a fabulous survivor...love the unique color scheme as well!! Can't wait to see it all cleaned-up!! Have fun!!:)

My "old" Dayton...

FYI for those that have asked/offered, I've already passed along my original Dayton to a local buddy, I'm sure you'll see progress pics on that one eventually :)

Nick

Back