When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fastback question?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Since the Fastback is a small wheeled 5 speed lightweight, it looks like the bends on the flair out are more drastic than the 26" model. This one has the wheel set to the rear of the drop out.

1662261182559.png

The first pic is the Gripper Slik on a M.O.Mfg rim at whatever psi I found it at. It's rim width is somewhere in between a regular S2 and an exerciser S2.

Second one is the same tire on a narrower exerciser S2 rim at 35psi.

100% interference at the chain stays with either rim. Roughly 1/32" clearance each side at the seat stays which would be just enough for me to be comfortable with riding the bike fenderless with a perfectly true rim. Interference at the chain stays would make for one heck of an exercise though for sure.

You could dimple the frame there, but I certainly wouldn't waste a Fastback frame for that....maybe a speedster or a damaged or otherwise undesirable condition Fastback.

The first pic is the Gripper Slik on a M.O.Mfg rim at whatever psi I found it at. It's rim width is somewhere in between a regular S2 and an exerciser S2.
View attachment 1690816
Second one is the same tire on a narrower exerciser S2 rim at 35psi.
View attachment 1690817
100% interference at the chain stays with either rim. Roughly 1/32" clearance each side at the seat stays which would be just enough for me to be comfortable with riding the bike fenderless with a perfectly true rim. Interference at the chain stays would make for one heck of an exercise though for sure.

You could dimple the frame there, but I certainly wouldn't waste a Fastback frame for that....maybe a speedster or a damaged or otherwise undesirable condition Fastback.
Thank you for the info

Back