When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fat street tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JCHobbes

On Training Wheels
*was not sure in which forum to post, so started here*

The only fat street tires I like are on alibaba. The problem is the only size every company offers is 20 x 4.0 or 20 x 4 1/4, and have to buy 500 tires. Right now I only need two of this size, and two 26 x 4.0 or 4 1/4. One supplier is sending me samples of a flame pattern tire, 20 x 4 1/4. Photo is attached. They said I would have to pay for mold and buy 500 tires to have them made in 26 x 4 1/4.

If enough people are interested in this tread pattern, in either size / both sizes, I would be willing to work on buying the M.O.Q. for 20 x 4 1/4 and paying for molds to make the flame pattern in 26 x 4 1/4. I have other projects planned that will use four 20 x 4 1/4 tires. Also attached is photo of my quadracycle project that I need the tires for. I zip tied the rims to the frame to get an idea of how it will look. I have recumbent / trike hubs that need to be laced into the rims. The quad is made from furniture grade pvc pipe and will have Bafang 48 volt, 1000 watt mid drive motor. I purchased a Samagaga differential, axles and hubs.

I am communicating with another supplier about 20 x 4 and 26 x 4 double wall anodized aluminum rims if peeps are interested in those also. I had to buy 20 x 4 and 26 x 4 rims from Mongoose to re-lace with my recumbent hubs.

flame pattern.jpg

rims.jpg

Frame Start small.jpg

Wheels small.jpg

samagaga.jpg

Thanx for the compliment Mike!

V/r Shawn - That's what I'm concerned about. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars for molds and a huge lot of tires if no one is interested.

Back