When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fate of the MrColumbia web site

-
I've had a lot of positive responses so far and some good and varied ideas. Some have suggested some how folding it into the CABE and I am going to look into that. I know facebook is also put out there but if it went that route it would be without me involved, I have no desire to get involved with facebook. There have been other ideas as well to look into including an entire rebuild.

Let me ask you all this, what is the most important parts of the site that you would want preserved and what could you do without? In whatever form it takes going forward it no doubt will not be 50 pages long with as many pictures as it has now. I'm sure the serial number page will stay as it seems to be the most commonly accessed page by far but what other features would people like to see?
Catalog references so as to help researching models and their period correct options. Serial numbers of course too!
833947481d29e5f35080c8c92d09ec42.jpg
e922c92ef6227a5ae47125c240fba625.jpg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of putting my catalog's here on the CABE for every one to access for free. I have about 370 titles with some of the older catalgs being over 50 pages each all in high resolution scans. This is a massive amount of data to download. Anyone have an idea of how to go about it? They are in both pdf (entire catalog in one file, searchable) and jpg (each page sepereate file) formats.

There have been a lot of ideas on how to proceed with the web site itself. Some are under consideration and others are not the direction that I want to go but the catalogs here on the Cabe is a definate go if there is space to do it.

That kind of access and data, might be a great book!

Stay tuned folks. I will be working with Dave S. in the near future to put mutch of the site here on the CABE. Hopefully this will include scans of every year Catalog in my collection.
Anything ever happen here? I, for one, am still missing the MrColumbia site. I’d throw a few bucks in each year to keep it available for 24/7 research, it was an awesome resource!
@MrColumbia @Dave Stromberger

Back