When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

father,s day bicycles post them up

-
My dad had a 24 inch campus green varsity when he was a kid and about 3 years ago we were driving out of the neighborhood and he found a 27 inch campus green varsity on the curb for free.then he cleaned and it up and its his ride to work almost everyday in the summer.
IMG_1897.JPG
IMG_1897.JPG

My dad, who passed away three years ago, is the reason I have this bicycle affliction. I spent almost every weekend one summer when I was young dragging bikes and parts out of a massive bicycle hoard, filling up a U-Haul truck, unloading into one of my dad's two warehouses – only to do it again the next weekend. That was a long, but exciting summer. I wish I knew then what I know now, and I don't even know much now. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

newspaper_2.jpg

a19KIMG0068.jpg

my bike on Father's Day.

my dad, who still lives up the road from me,
cestes023.jpg

fishing Trout Bayou on Estes Flats - we used to do an annual coast trip on his late September b/d

and dropping us off on Allyn's Lake - he likes drift fishing, and drifted the cut while we paddled the foot-deep grass
cestes025.jpg

second cast of the morning - the first was a bigger spec that tore the hook out
cestes033.jpg

my daughter paddling Trout Bayou
aP7020014.jpg

Last edited:
My dad was born in 1937 and the bike I consider to be "dad's Bike" is my 1937 Syracuse
It's a tall frame and definitely has a bigger feel than most bikes
b9908f566ec327c8af0c1dea27776a05.jpg
1d2f47c2e2bbebb4d48f64073715423a.jpg
d72451273d3958fe0fbb2c965d71d6e5.jpg

I took it out for a ride this morning just like last Father's Day
880f5e638f4477567fac65495ee0206e.jpg

Looks like the Flying Star I bought this past Thursday. Very cool picture!
e31edcb7041be5896931b5e2471b4480.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice. I saw your post last night and looked for the name and all I saw was a badge and other bikes but were Schwinn's with Flying Star as a model name which I am not sure Schwinn made that bike. Must be a store badged bike for whoever it was but the question is whether or not Tifton GA had that store.

I believe he said that bike got bent when a Woman ran over or something. I also think he said she had him choose a bike from the junkyard who family had or something.

Nice. I saw your post last night and looked for the name and all I saw was a badge and other bikes but were Schwinn's with Flying Star as a model name which I am not sure Schwinn made that bike. Must be a store badged bike for whoever it was but the question is whether or not Tifton GA had that store.

I believe he said that bike got bent when a Woman ran over or something. I also think he said she had him choose a bike from the junkyard who family had or something.
The serial number has an extra Digit. Drop the 1st digit and it's a 1954 Schwinn #. The bike matches earlier Schwinn Double curved bar roadsters. The tie I see between my Flying Star and your dad's photo is not just the similar bike but the exact design of the oversized crank gear. Going to pull the crankset today and look for a date or I'D on it.. Happy Father's day!
79e6e5aa937f75a1c441169b13e06f01.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back