When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fauber Crankset Removal

-
I don't recall if i had problems with this, but the outer most pin-spanner threaded "lock nut" bit (shown under the tabbed washer and cone) isn't very thick, but if I remember, the holes COULD line up with the pin spanner holes in the cone. If the outer "lock nut" isn't loosened independently of the cone, you may have a lot of trouble loosening the whole bit. Please post pics of everything when you get it apart. It does look a little different than the one I posted in an earlier comment.

26503620291_aaceb8cfb0_3k.jpg

I don't recall if i had problems with this, but the outer most pin-spanner threaded "lock nut" bit (shown under the tabbed washer and cone) isn't very thick, but if I remember, the holes COULD line up with the pin spanner holes in the cone. If the outer "lock nut" isn't loosened independently of the cone, you may have a lot of trouble loosening the whole bit. Please post pics of everything when you get it apart. It does look a little different than the one I posted in an earlier comment.

Hey Ive,

I've been thinking about just that. I don't know if I'll be able to provide disassembly photos before the weekend, but I've been considering making a video on it if that could help folks out.

The holes for the cone were placed differently on my crankset, being more like notches, so they didn't line up, and were also separated by the dustcap. I'm guessing mine was just stuck after a likely few decades of neglect.

Back