When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Faux patina technique videos / post your own tips too

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've used model weathering powders on new fasteners and various small parts. The powder is actually fine oxidized metal dust which I mix with alcohol to get it workable like water colors. I use a small model paint brush and apply powder/alcohol mix, let dry, spray with 'dull coat' flat clear, let dry and repeat until I get what I want. I usually use 3 or 4 different powders in layers to get good match to the original patina. Below is a replacement horn button and screws on one of my rusters.

20220618_162125 (1).jpg

that came out really cool. I think I would have polished up the whole car, then matched the unpainted parts to the original.

my buddy did a 52 or so Buick. it had more rust than that one, but it came out great.. I think he used CLR or some such concoction along with some buffing after. all that rust was gone.

Back