When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite bike rack

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
to transport these old heavy bikes? I'm looking for a hitch mount one. I have a platform carrier (bell upright) but am not totally pleased with it. Not sure which is better, the platform ones or the standard hanging ones? What do you guys use?

I prefer the platforms because I have a couple bikes with non-structural tanks I couldn't hang them from and I like the minimal paint contact, but I have a cheap one. It does the job and is rated for, IIRC, 75 lbs./bike (2 bikes), though I wouldn't trust it for anywhere near that rating. There's a reason that the good ones are so expensive. If possible, I'd also try to get a 2" receiver as my 1 1/4" (biggest that will fit on my car thanks to the goofy center exhaust) wobbles a little and, of course, the 2" tubing that would go with it would just be much stronger.

Good day. I'm also looking at different truck accessories made in keeping the bike in place. I think the bed bike rack is a good one. you just need a strap or chain to ensure that it won't fall or move around when you drive the vehicle.

AE7CF6FF-25AE-444D-B8DE-762BE45E8CD2.jpeg

615C8E97-8FC6-4BA8-8A2A-8194D7450A23.jpeg

Built to fit my 2007 Silverado. Spaced for 26” balloon tires. Made a few spacer boards so I can haul Lightweights without excessive lean.

I have tried 4 different racks and never found the "perfect" one.I now put down the back seat of my SUV and lay the bike inside.This way it is locked in the SUV if we go do lunch.

I have a Saris Bones 3 (trunk rack). I like it because it has a third strap that secures the seat post, so it works resonably well with a cantilever or hump back frame. I don’t know how I’d secure a bike with a tank, though.

Back