When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Featherstone Duchess 1898

-

MorganB

On Training Wheels
We recently uncovered this bike in my mother in laws garage. She says it belonged to her grandmother and it's stamped 1898. Anybody have any info on this type of bicycle? Pricing or otherwise? Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

IMG_4449.JPG
IMG_4450.JPG
IMG_4451.JPG
IMG_4452.JPG
IMG_4453.JPG
IMG_4454.JPG
IMG_4455.JPG
IMG_4456.JPG

I don't know a value, but it's really nice! Bike values seem strange to me—stuff that seems like disposable kid's junk to me is worth big money and quality made antiques often aren't, but I guess the former is mostly rooted in nostalgia, a disease that I have never been afflicted by. To me, something that old and in such shape with the beautiful stenciling should be worth good money, but being a step-through frame, I have no idea.

Fyi, wheels are 40's or newer, pedals too new, fenders too new (would have had wooden rear fender only likely) saddle is newer(teens/20's) although saddle top itself may be from TOC. Value, $500-$700. Wheels hurt the valuation most.

This is absolute typical for a old unused bicycle to be refurbished during World War 2 -lots of people think thy got scraped but really most were put back into service due to gas rationing and automobile tire rationing a really wonderfull piece of history --Missing all the valuable parts -but a wonderful seat ask 500

This is absolute typical for a old unused bicycle to be refurbished during World War 2 -lots of people think thy got scraped but really most were put back into service due to gas rationing and automobile tire rationing a really wonderfull piece of history --Missing all the valuable parts -but a wonderful seat ask 500
Featherstones were sold by the Wright Brothers 1890s mid period.

Back