When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

February '64 Coppertone find

-
Thanks to everyone for the knowledge! Was there any 20" Schwinn that used this wheel/hub setup in the mid 60's?
I’ve never seen that particular rear hub on a early Stingray.

This B4 represents about 10 months of the Sting-ray existence.
You should be able to dial-in this Radiant Coppertone Standard with a few correct parts.

Last edited:
Mootree,
I‘m curious what date is stamped into the inside bottom of the fork leg?
Looks like 4-4

Again, appreciate the help. Just trying to wrap my head around someone relacing hubs on a bike like this back in the day, etc. Thought it would be more likely that some kid swapped wheels with his sister's bike or something. Thanks again!
Schwinn was just using up nos before Bendix came out with the rb2 red stripe hubs.. I have seen a hand full of early 63 -64's with these hubs.. Not very common by any means.. I just saw a 66 coppertone at a hot rod weekender yesterday that was not near as nice as yours for $650.00 that this guy has been trying to sell for the last 2 years years.. No deal. Nice find .. RideOn...

Back