When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

-fender crack-

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Perhaps if one found a sacrificial fender, one might fabricate a custom patch, cut slightly undersized to hide from view, and epoxied to the underside of the fender, (with prepped surfaces)? Might make it much more difficult to weld later on tho.

Last edited:
I have a coworker that welds but I don't want to go to him..... Got him reinforcing seat clamps etc etc... Pretty sure he can do it tho. I seen him repair the coupler on vintage Lionel once. Myself don't have any experience with epoxy but can bend sheet metal with the best of them. But is epoxy same as JB weld.

JB Weld is a good epoxy and have used it on numerous projects. Use the original JB, not the quick set JB that is crap.
Looks like even JB now has add a mess of new product and I see the original comes in two different strengths! WTF. 3960 and 5020 PSI.
The quick set is even less and have used that with bad results. Good for just filling in holes or rust pits though.

When mating the two pieces do not clamp like one would do when doing woodwork. Squeezing out the epoxy by clamping is not recommended.

Last edited:
I had to fix a damaged fender like the one being discussed.
  • I cleaned the under side of the fender to bare metal.
  • I coated the damaged area with thin layer of POR-15. I put tape on the top side of the fender so the POR-15 would not seep thru the crack and missing metal.
  • Once everything was cured I took a medium size metal washer, drilled several holes in the washer then rolled the washer to match the fender shape.
  • I placed the washer at the proper location and then applied a thicker layer of POR-15 to cover the washer and the surrounding area.
  • I used POR-15 without using the fiberglass looking cloth. I am sure JB weld will work as well.

Down and dirty repair, I grabbed a few washers then wire brushed area + planned to take it to work next day. Covered reflector then put a couple rolls of masking tape as cushions around fender to keep it off table.

Actually washer ain't flush on fender since I couldn't hold it while buddy tacked it. Blew hole in it, but he was able to get it done. O and another thing, I put it in glass beader to clean it as you see it. Too bad top side turned paint black. But fender has to last 70 plus years

Back