When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender curve compressed back to desired width

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-a
~
%
z
Fender rollers. Not over hyped, unless you don't know how to use it. Common problem when rolling fenders is the metal tends to expand and flatten out across the width when the sides are forced through the roller. Especially at the edge where the lip of the fender is knurled over. Same problem at the front edge. If a fender is badly bent on the sides, it's hard not to stretch the metal, This problem can be eliminated, somewhat. I kept an assortment of fender "cut-offs." 4-6" sections of perfect fender sections carefully cut off of various makes of common fenders, with their folded over edges removed. These would be inserted into the fender that's being rolled, doubling the thickness of the fender and eliminating flattening the edges when passed through the die. They also serve as an accurate gauge. I hope the readers can visualize this. I sold my roller at Memory Lane last week. My first roller, I bought used many years ago, and before I used it I visited Wes Pinchot, "The Fender Doctor." It was Wes who showed me the trick of doubling up the fender. Wes got the name, "Fender Doctor" from the late Larry Hurd, curator of Schwinn's Chicago museum. After straightening out a badly damaged fender for him. Larry said, "Wes, you really are a "Fender Doctor." The name stuck. Wes is now retired from fender rolling and so am I. As Shawn Freqman said, just mold it in with your hands. Sometimes we forget, it's only a bike. Enjoy the hobby, I have.
Can I use this in our Whizzer newsletter? I will quoit you.

Here's one online.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2021-09-29_15-29-14.jpg

is that listing over? "bicycle fender roller" gets zero results in ebay search
Looks like it sold already. Price seems ok. If you click on SOLD it pops up there. Here are some pics of it from the listing. Looks sturdy enough. What do you guys think? Someone had one on eBay last year I think for $800 wowsa. It sat for a long long time. I wonder why the tinker didn't list his on here, I would have bought it? I bought this one.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs-l1600 - 2021-09-30T124211.121.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs-l1600 - 2021-09-30T124241.148.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs-l1600 - 2021-09-30T124231.453.jpg

Last edited:
Been reading these comments on fender roller prices. I was in a local bike shop one day and I noticed the owner had the same fender roller as mine [ like the one pictured above.] He had it chained and locked to a workbench in the back of his shop. I thought that was strange. Why keep it chained up in your own place? I told him I had one just like it, and asked him why , in his own shop, would he keep it chained to a metal workbench? His answer was," They're expensive and hard to come by." Then, with a smile on his face , he told me the story of how he got it. [ I have to preface this story by saying I've know this fellow for a long time. Went to high school with him in the 60's. ] When another local bicycle shop's owner died, he went over to see his wife. She was selling everything. The shop had been in business for many years and the owner had very little in savings and the wife was facing hard times. This was the type of bicycle shop everyone that's on the CABE would love to get in. . . . old. Lots of stuff from the 50's and 60's, forgotten about, tucked away here and there. After listening to her tale of woe, he told her he'd buy some stuff from her. He bragged to me about how he got the fender roller, the same one pictured above. . . for $5.00. She didn't have a clue what it was. He cleaned her out of NOS parts too. He saw the expression on my face when he said he only paid her five bucks. He explained that she should have done some research before selling her late husbands stuff. Maybe. . .. .

Last edited:
Looks like it sold already. Price seems ok. If you click on SOLD it pops up there. Here are some pics of it from the listing. Looks sturdy enough. What do you guys think? Someone had one on eBay last year I think for $800 wowsa. It sat for a long long time. I wonder why the tinker didn't list his on here, I would have bought it? I bought this one.
wonder what the wheels cost? I could make the rest for free. looks homemade to me.

Looks similar to others I have seen online. I like the idea of the wheel with tire instead of the lever arm to rotate the roller. Does it look like the outside profile of the big roller should be more rounded to match the fender you are rolling as the photo with the gentleman looks like the fender is kinda flattened out and maybe thats why people are saying they have to bend the fenders together afterward?

66.jpg

DSC08552.JPG

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzFENDER ROLLER.jpg

104_0843-1 (2).jpg

IMG_7357.JPG

Last edited:
Back