When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Identification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RandomParts

Look Ma, No Hands!
I recently purchased these fenders from a ‘36 Roadmaster, but they are different than my other crescent CWC fenders. The tips are blunt like Snyder fenders, but the rivet spacing is wide like CWC (approx 1.8” vs Snyder 1.5”) and the front fender braces are clocked at 90 degrees like a CWC. The braces are flat, but the ends aren’t riveted.

Any ideas? Thanks

76D13F56-E652-4481-BE5B-C7F902C4C06E.jpeg

I call them snub nose fenders and they are only present on the earliest of production CWC bicycles. I suspect during the run of bikes in 1935 when CWC entered into bike manufacturing.

They are identified by the snub nose and the non rivet braces. These fenders are also very heavy gage steel as with all early CWC fenders.

If those fenders had original paint left, they would likely have four pinstripes. Two on either side near the rivet running the length of the fender.

My early example below. I also have an early shroud tank with the same fenders.

1589463297163.jpeg

Last edited:
If my memory serves, the very first 36 fenders had a blunt tip whereas the later 36 fenders had a more gradual pointed curve.

I was just looking through the Roadmaster book and in the 1936 catalog, it appears the standard models all have snub nose fenders, while the deluxe models all have the more gradual pointed curve. This may simply be a coincidence, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Back