When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Identification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Chris

Finally riding a big boys bike
Need help identifying a set of stainless steel fenders I bought to replace my beat up originals on my '62 Corvette 5 speed.

The fenders from my Corvette are 2 3/4 in and the ones I bought are 2 7/16. There is also a slight difference in fender length, hole placement for the "S" reflector, and differences in the indententions in the fender sides. Pics attached. My original fender is the one on the top or left side, except the last pic and it's on the bottom.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bummer.

The Corvette model from start to finish had four different sets of fenders, but not counting the change with the 62's chrome braces. A frame change starting with the 59 models created a change in the rear fenders, so a 55 to 58 rear fender will not fit a newer model. 1959 thru 1962 fenders were the same other than the chrome braces on the 62 models. For 1963 (like the ones you pictured) the fenders were narrower and the holes for the reflector were raised up. The 1963 and 64 fenders were the same and then for 1965 the fenders went from stainless to chromed steel.

Thanks GTs58. Looks like I have a set of '63/'64 Corvette fenders. Guess I keep hunting for a good set of SS fenders for the '62 Corvette 5 speed, very hard to find!

Nice 63-64 Stainless fenders are really hard to find. There were considerably less made since they were a two year style plus this was the time when the Sting Rays became the bike that everyone wanted. Middleweights were losing popularity during that time with the Sting Rays and Lightweights being the big sellers. You shouldn't have a hard time re-selling those fenders and getting your investment back.

Is there a reference book that gives all the little nuances of each model year?

Back