When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender light not working

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
The fender light on my 41 Columbia is in very nice shape externally. Internally had some light surface rust and minor battery acid damage. I sanded the battery contact points, cleaned and used new batteries and bulb but still it’s not lighting. The switch slides as it should with a positive click each way.

I soaked the light body in Evaporust which removed the interior rust. I did the same thing for my Delta Torpedo light on my 46 Rollfast and it cleaned it out very nicely and gave me a working light in return. I air blew the light, cleaned and wiped things but still wouldn’t light up.

I feel the issue is with the switch that may have dirty contact points inside so Is it possible to carefully bend the tabs to open the switch? I don’t want to damage this 80 year old light therefore I ask for guidance. It would be great if I can get the light to work again.

I still have to polish the light with Flitz metal polish.

I also will need a replacement plastic lens.

have you tried jumping the switch
Ok just did and the light works. So the switch is bad.
My next question is can the old switch be repaired or does a replacement even exist? I know repro lights were made back in the 90s for the 41 Superb reproduction bike.

Last edited:
Bummer, short lived victory. The issue is that the part in the switch that leads to the battery is loose and doesn’t make contact with the sliding tab. It held for a few minutes but failed pressed against the - battery post.
Looks like it needs a new switch then. So is there a switch available that can be adapted for this light?

Last edited:
Well a very interesting turn in events. I flipped the top part around and rotated the battery tab, then re installed it and works again, at least for now lol.

Back