Fender rivet tool

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

schwinnman67

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 11, 2014
Aurora, CO, United States
Want to re-rivet the brace back on my Schwinn fenders, but don't know what tool I need for the tubular rivets.

Can anyone help with this?

Reactions: tryder

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
You can get them at most hardware stores.
What hardware store is that? I see the pop river tools but haven’t seen a tubular rivet tool at Ace, Home Depot, or Lowes. Couldn’t find one at Harbor Freight either? V/r Shawn

catfish

Riding an Alexander Rocket Bike
Sep 25, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
thecabe.com
What hardware store is that? I see the pop river tools but haven’t seen a tubular rivet tool at Ace, Home Depot, or Lowes. Couldn’t find one at Harbor Freight either? V/r Shawn
I get them at my local True Value store.

schwinnman67

Jun 11, 2014
Aurora, CO, United States

Thanks for the link, but trying I don't want to use a hammer to set rivets. Looking to get a rivet press tool. Heard of the c clamp style and the squeeze type. Which is better? What size rivets do I need?

fattyre

I live for the CABE
Oct 22, 2014
Chicagoland
Thanks for the link, but trying I don't want to use a hammer to set rivets. Looking to get a rivet press tool. Heard of the c clamp style and the squeeze type. Which is better? What size rivets do I need?
I don't know. Talk to Hanson Rivet? Thats probably you best source for accurate information. I've only ever worked with rivets a few times on bicycles. I copied Momo68's technique and it work perfectly for me with excellent results. One bike I chucked rivets in my drill and re shaped them with a file a bit to match the profile of original rivets I removed (fenders needed to be rolled). A little rust to match the patina of all the other fasteners and you'd never know they were replaced.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

AndyA

Nov 24, 2017
bergen county
An alternative is the bolt that looks like a rivet. Available at Bicycle Heaven and Ebay (titled "Vintage Schwinn Bicycle Fender Brace Rivet Screws Nuts Bolts Phantom Bike Krate"). I've used these and they work well.

OldSkipTooth

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 6, 2015
Sebastopol, United States
An alternative is the bolt that looks like a rivet. Available at Bicycle Heaven and Ebay (titled "Vintage Schwinn Bicycle Fender Brace Rivet Screws Nuts Bolts Phantom Bike Krate"). I've used these and they work well.

Scott, the Cabe owner sells these screw rivets. I like them because you can go back and redo work on your fenders if needed without drilling out the old rivets.

Rivnut

I live for the CABE
Nov 24, 2012
Shawnee, United States

You can find these in large quantities online. Look for Altha Fasteners.

SJ_BIKER

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Mar 4, 2010
Hollister CA
Don't know where you're located...I'm in San Francisco area and have a good supply of rivets and squeezer to get the job done...

This ad goes away when you register for an account!