When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender rivet tool

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnman67

Finally riding a big boys bike
Want to re-rivet the brace back on my Schwinn fenders, but don't know what tool I need for the tubular rivets.

Can anyone help with this?

You can get them at most hardware stores.
What hardware store is that? I see the pop river tools but haven’t seen a tubular rivet tool at Ace, Home Depot, or Lowes. Couldn’t find one at Harbor Freight either? V/r Shawn

What hardware store is that? I see the pop river tools but haven’t seen a tubular rivet tool at Ace, Home Depot, or Lowes. Couldn’t find one at Harbor Freight either? V/r Shawn

I get them at my local True Value store.

Thanks for the link, but trying I don't want to use a hammer to set rivets. Looking to get a rivet press tool. Heard of the c clamp style and the squeeze type. Which is better? What size rivets do I need?

Thanks for the link, but trying I don't want to use a hammer to set rivets. Looking to get a rivet press tool. Heard of the c clamp style and the squeeze type. Which is better? What size rivets do I need?

I don't know. Talk to Hanson Rivet? Thats probably you best source for accurate information. I've only ever worked with rivets a few times on bicycles. I copied Momo68's technique and it work perfectly for me with excellent results. One bike I chucked rivets in my drill and re shaped them with a file a bit to match the profile of original rivets I removed (fenders needed to be rolled). A little rust to match the patina of all the other fasteners and you'd never know they were replaced.

This is what I use.

Back