When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender rivet tool

-
An alternative is the bolt that looks like a rivet. Available at Bicycle Heaven and Ebay (titled "Vintage Schwinn Bicycle Fender Brace Rivet Screws Nuts Bolts Phantom Bike Krate"). I've used these and they work well.

An alternative is the bolt that looks like a rivet. Available at Bicycle Heaven and Ebay (titled "Vintage Schwinn Bicycle Fender Brace Rivet Screws Nuts Bolts Phantom Bike Krate"). I've used these and they work well.

View attachment 1164556
Scott, the Cabe owner sells these screw rivets. I like them because you can go back and redo work on your fenders if needed without drilling out the old rivets.

View attachment 1164556
You can find these in large quantities online. Look for Altha Fasteners.

Don't know where you're located...I'm in San Francisco area and have a good supply of rivets and squeezer to get the job done...

The ones I have I bought for the Piecrust guard, (stopped by Hanson on the way back from @rustjunkie house) but they do fit the fender. just a tad bit longer..I'll have to get the #.... I think @cyclingday had the correct ones... or @Freqman1 could share the #'s on the packages he showed...

Back