When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fenderless Friday

-
Here is my "Fenderless Friday" candidate for today - My Monark Wingbar Hot Rod** ... Ride Vintage - Frank

** Disclosure - To achieve this look NOTHING was modified on this Monark Wingbar frame - tires come very close - but do not rub anywhere - no stretching - no widening - no filing - Just carefully thought out using all modern drive train - 24" x 3" wide rims - Thick Brick tires - I really like how this one came out ....

attachment.php

Wow that blue really jumps out at ya.
Looks Great.

Fenderless. Chainguard missing, or No Tank. I know the Klunker description word is all around now. But when I see a Fenderless bike or not having Chainguards. Just makes me think Unfinished bike or "In Progress"
Don't get me wrong I have some mountain bikes that have no fenders on them. I find myself wanting to put some kind of fender on them. I just hate the mud and grease flying around on my clothes.
Nice Thread here.

Fenderless. Chainguard missing, or No Tank. I know the Klunker description word is all around now. But when I see a Fenderless bike or not having Chainguards. Just makes me think Unfinished bike or "In Progress"
Don't get me wrong I have some mountain bikes that have no fenders on them. I find myself wanting to put some kind of fender on them. I just hate the mud and grease flying around on my clothes.
Nice Thread here.

A klunker is an actual type of bike. You can learn about them here. http://www.clunkers.net/
If you get tired of getting mud and grease on your clothes from mountain biking, don't ride in your clothes. ;)

A klunker is an actual type of bike. You can learn about them here. http://www.clunkers.net/
If you get tired of getting mud and grease on your clothes from mountain biking, don't ride in your clothes. ;)

Yep..
Here in the Midwest.
We have
Winter Cars
Beater Cars
Farm Trucks
Pulling Tractors
and even at -30 on one of the coldest days of winter. We still have Hot Women.

The pictures of your build bike
I would call a "Cool Bike"

Here is another Silverking I dubbed as the Copperking bike - Early 1935 Silverking "Window" Frame set with modern 24" x 2" Felt rims polished with stainless 14 gauge spokes & powder coated iridescent copper with 24" x 3" Thick Brick tires - Felt "Sheriff Star" high flange front hub - Felt skip tooth look regular pitch chain ring - Tear drop signal pedals with pennies on end caps instead of reflectors - Brooks B33 seat with copper powder coated springs - Brooks leather ring grips ... another fun bicycle with no frame mods

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back