When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Few questions on Lil' Chick Junior Stingray..thx!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
Hi folks - I will be deep cleaning this one and have a few questions. The saddle on this bike is the correct Junior saddle (the shorter 14" version) but based on catalog pics it appears to be the white striped saddle shown on the boys bike in this '74 catalog photo.

deBmMpoWs81cECpetksUPJo6jg5JiCiN6RbNmgZ38HctrlDk8H3HuyI7w_Oze0QDXKDYTtfYiS6wp-wWSec=w872-h654-no.jpg

1974_schwinn_junior_stingray_lil_chik.jpg

So, Schwinn probably ran out of Jr. flowered seats that day and they subbed the boys model. As best I can tell the girls Lil' Chick Junior Stingray is always pictured with the flowered saddle. It is not a big issue as the owner of the bike received it new at Christmas but inquiring minds want to know what you know...:)

How HTF is the Jr. flowered saddle in decent condition/avg price? I have the longer Flowered version in almost mint condition but will not be using it on this bike.

Last question - what size/type rear reflector came on this? The saddle has the wire bridge type holder and not a reflector tab.

Thanks!

Serial numbers do matter. :fearscream: I take it that Lil Chick has a 74 SN but might be a 75 model with possibly a late 74 SN. The 75 models had that seat but had a different rear fender. So a transition bike with a new seat and an old sting ray rear fender?

1975_23.jpg

Interesting insight - I think you nailed it!... Ser. No. KK600425 = Oct 74 frame build date. This one also has front reflector bracket on the hb binder bolt. It looks like '75 was the first year to have a full reflector set. No reflectors are shown on the '74 model in the catalog pic.

I have the correct front and wheel reflectors on hand as shown in the '75 catalog. So which is correct for the rear...the square reflector or rectangular one?

Thanks!

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Last edited:
Your Lil Chik may be a 74 with the 75 model style seat since it has the 74 Sting Ray fenders. Either way I'd say, but I'm leaning towards a late 74 model with the new seat change. It took me quite a few years to verify the fact that Schwinn actually started using the new 1959 Mayweg dual stage carrier on the late 1958 model Corvettes and Jaguars.
58 Jag Ad.jpg

Back